Deadline: 15 May, 2021
The Rotary Foundation has opened applications for the 2022 Rotary Peace Fellowship.
The fellowship, Development Diaries understands, aims to increase the capacity of existing leaders to prevent and resolve conflict by offering academic training, field experience, and professional networking.
Up to 130 fellows are selected every year in a globally competitive process based on personal, academic, and professional achievements.
Fellows earn either a master’s degree or a certificate in peace and development studies at one of the seven Rotary Peace Centres.
- The fellowship covers tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses
- Have three years of related work experience for the master’s programme (five years for the Duke program)
- Have five years of related work experience for the certificate programme and be able to explain how plan to promote peace aligns with Rotary’s mission (candidates for Makerere University must either be from Africa, have worked in Africa, or work with African communities or initiatives outside the continent.)
- Be proficient in English
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Have a strong commitment to cross-cultural understanding and peace
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Rotary