Deadline: 05 March, 2021
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Plan International is seeking to fill the role of Driver.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- Observe and adhere to the safety precautions before and during driving, taking into account prevailing weather and driving conditions to avoid accidents
- Maintain punctuality and courtesy and adhere to traffic laws and regulations, as well as Plan policies and procedures
- Record the place of destination before departure and complete the vehicle usage record to indicate vehicle movement
- Carry out daily condition checks to ensure vehicle is in good running order with valid insurance policies
- Identify and report all mechanical faults and any accident immediately to the supervisor
- Conduct monthly inspection of the assigned vehicle and inform the supervisor of any observation that needs attention
- Keep the vehicle in a clean condition in order to uphold the image of Plan International and for the convenience of users
- Serve as the contact person for vehicle repairs, as well as servicing and reviewing invoices before they are submitted for payment
- Deliver and collect mail and other documents to and from various offices regularly and ensure their safety
- Train and test drivers and riders, as may be requested, and submit recommendation to supervisor
- O-level certificate
- Three years, minimum, of experience driving in a reputable organisation
- Valid driver’s licence
- Certificate in Defensive Driving is a plus
- Certificate in Customer Care will be a plus
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Plan International