Deadline: 15 April, 2021
Organisation for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) has opened applications for PhD Fellowships.
The general purpose of the fellowship programme is to contribute to the emergence of a new generation of women leaders in science and technology, and to promote their effective participation in the scientific and technological development of their countries.
- Monthly allowance to cover basic living expenses, such as accommodation and meals, while in the host country
- Special allowance to attend international conferences during the period of the fellowship
- Return ticket from the home country to the host institute for the agreed research period
- Visa expenses
- Annual medical insurance contribution
- Opportunity to attend regional science communications workshops on a competitive basis
- Study fees (including tuition and registration fees) in agreement with the chosen host institute which is also expected to contribute
- Open to women applicants only
- Applicants must confirm they intend to return to their home countries after completion of the fellowship as soon as possible
- Open to applicants from science- and technology-lagging countries (STLCs)
- The OWSD PhD Fellowships are granted for PhD studies in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Minimum qualification is an MSc degree
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WOCinTech Chat