Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking to fill the role of Procurement Officer.
IRC is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development non-governmental organisation.
- Ensure procurement is carried out in accordance with IRC and donor-specific polices
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings
- Coordinate with finance, admin, and programme departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation
- Ensure a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained
- Ensure all supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered in time
- Establish and maintain ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions
- Support and provide the appropriate trainings for procurement and programme staff (as required)
- Manage procurement staff and procurement clerk
- Advise the logistics manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Administration, or a related field
- Three years, minimum, of relevant experience
- Attention to detail, and ability to coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel
- Good command of English language
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Dave McGowan