Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking to fill the role of Education Assistant.
IRC is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development non-governmental organisation.
- Support the education officer in planning of realistic budget
- Closely follow and support quality implementation of the early child care and development (ECCD) programme
- Keep record of number of children attending the ECCD programme
- Work very closely with RCC and PTA to track dropout children and work together to bring them back to ECCD centres
- Supervise ECCD facilitators to have lesson plans and support the effective use of pre-school healing classroom curriculum
- Serve as focal point for children’s attendance and record of their academic performance and relevant documentation
- Support the facilitation of pre-service, in-service and summer teachers training based on training needs
- Ensure teaching and learning process are in line with IRC standard procedures, policies and strategic plan
- Ensure the availability of teaching aid materials for math, literacy, art and exploration centres and provide required pedagogical support to ECCD facilitators
- Support and facilitate the enrolment of marginalised and disadvantaged children and ensure the rate of dropouts is reduced
- Support the creation of innovative and child/learner environment where children are motivated to participate in the learning and teaching process
- Support ECCD facilitators and other relevant staff in gathering reliable data on children’s dropout
- Ensure an updated data is recorded, documented, reported and appropriate actions are taken on time
- First degree or diploma in a relevant field
- Two years, minimum, of relevant work experience for diploma holders and relevant work experience for first degree holders
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Dave McGowan