Deadline: 09 March, 2021
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The International Labour Organisation (ILO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Specialist.
The mission of ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
- Provide high-level technical advice and support to tripartite constituents on issues related to national employment strategies/policies
- Review, monitor and evaluate the achievements of economic and labour market policies in the country and provide high-level technical policy advice on strategies to promote economic growth, investment and employment creation
- Provide technical support on employment and macroeconomic issues, as well as public financial management, and cooperate with the UN country teams in the elaboration of common country analyses and United Nations sustainable development cooperation frameworks
- Establish, develop and maintain close relations with governments, employers and workers’ organisations in the region, as well as with donors and development agencies, the United Nations system, development financial institutions, multilateral agencies, academic institutions and think tanks
- Organise joint activities and projects with a view to raising ILO’s visibility and mainstreaming decent work goals and coherent strategies and policies
- Assume full technical responsibility for policy formulation, providing policy advice to ILO’s constituents on institutional strengthening, the application of ILO standards and the promotion of development cooperation activities
- Disseminate information on action programmes through publications and press releases as well as ensuring representation at donors’ meetings, international, regional and national forums and advocacy campaigns
- Lead, plan and control the work of project and supervise the work of other project staff, as well as external collaborators and other short-term staff to be hired during project implementation
- Advanced university degree in Economics with demonstrated knowledge and expertise in development economics, employment, public finances, and labour market
- Eight years, minimum, of professional experience in labour and macroeconomic policy analysis/development, with particular focus on labour market economics and analysis, employment policies, public finances and financial management
- Experience in publishing studies and articles based on research related to enabling environment for sustainable enterprises, the labour economy, employment policies, pro-employment macroeconomics and/or public finances
- Relevant experience in Uganda and East Africa will be a plus
- Excellent command of English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILO