Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is seeking to fill the position of Protocol Officer.
ECOWAS is the regional political and economic union of 15 countries in West Africa.
- Contribute in providing protocol services and advice to the organisation and its constituents
- Maintain up-to-date information on partner institutions within the diplomatic Community, such as governments, missions, delegations, governmental and non-governmental bodies
- Receive, evaluate and process requests for diplomatic privileges and immunities and provide related information and advice
- Request visas and changes in visa status from host country
- Facilitate the organisation of official ceremonies, such as official visits, the signing of protocol agreements, and official social functions, such as receptions and luncheons
- Bachelor’s degree in the Humanities, Arts, Public Relations, or a related discipline from a recognised university
- Two years, minimum, of professional experience in protocol-related services, administration or a related area
- Knowledge of norms, rules and customs of diplomatic conference and protocol within the international setting
- Ability to manage travel services
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Rwanda Government