Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is seeking to fill the position of Interinstitutional Liaison Officer.
ECOWAS is the regional political and economic union of 15 countries in West Africa.
- Monitor developments in the national assemblies of member states and bring issues to the attention of the secretary general for action
- Monitor developments in other regional parliaments and bring lessons to the attention of the secretary general
- Monitor developments in inter-parliamentary unions and bring needed actions to the attention of the secretary general
- Keep a calendar of the activities of parliament’s associate bodies
- Keep records of parliament’s relations with all national assemblies, regional parliaments and inter-parliamentary bodies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, or a related field from a recognised university
- Two years, minimum, of experience in political science, political affairs, international relations, law, mediation, conflict resolution, or a related area
- Knowledge and understanding of ECOWAS agency or institutional mandate, international theories, concepts and developments and ECOWAS strategies, including cooperation with member states and international organisations
- Knowledge and understanding of ECOWAS agency/institution’s relations with national and regional agencies, international organisations and other international and diplomatic institutions
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ITU Pictures