Deadline: 04 March, 2021
Location: Obongi, Uganda
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations including refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- Manage Obongi cash books for all project budgets and submit weekly cashbook
- Manage cash payments
- Support in preparing monthly bank reconciliation and maintain an updated bank reconciliation file
- Support in filling returns (WHT LST and VAT) on monthly basis
- Review Obongi vouchers before scanning and supervise scanning of cover sheets
- Update missing receipt database and share with supply chain/admin department for follow-up
- Assist in internal and external auditing
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certification in CPA or ACCA
- Two years, minimum, of experience in finance and operations management with INGO or other international agencies
- Proficiency in using standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software
- Good accounting and analytical skills
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with long hours
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills, calmness and good sense of humor
- English language fluency
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Danish Refugee Council