Deadline: 12 February, 2021
Chemonics is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party Programmes (DCOP-P).
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world by helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent life.
- Lead a team of more than ten programme development, grants, and procurement staff members in the identification, development, and implementation of a wide range of grants-under-contract and technical assistance activities
- Provide day-to-day guidance, mentoring, and problem-solving skills, working in full partnership with the chief of party (COP) and OTI country team
- Work with key government and non-governmental counterparts to identify priorities and resolve development and implementation challenges
- Ensure compliance with USAID and other regulations on complex tasks and resolve issues and challenges in a timely and effective manner
- Mentor team members, fostering their development as professionals and preparing the best performers for higher-level positions
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Peace Studies, or a related field with a relevant master’s degree preferred
- Six years, minimum, of relevant work experience
- Two years, minimum, of field experience, including supervisory experience in leading and mentoring host-country teams
- Experience in leading the development of small grants to achieve larger stabilisation and transition goals, with a preference for developing and implementing grants under the OTI model
- Experience in contributing to development, assessment, and adaptation of dynamic transition strategies, objectives, and specific interventions in a fast-paced and flexible manner
- Experience working collaboratively with clients, project leadership, and host-country counterparts at senior levels in government and in non-governmental organisations
- Experience leading donor-funded efforts in complex and politically sensitive transition or stabilisation contexts, with a preference for Sudan, the Arabic-speaking world, and/or East and Southern Africa
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic preferred
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Chemonics