Deadline: 31 March, 2021
The Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh, has announced a call for applications for the Catto MSc and PhD Scholarships at CAS.
The scholarships are designed as a combined package in order to enable those who may not feel they have sufficient research experience to embark on a PhD to get that grounding with an MSc.
A key goal of the scholarships is to diversify the scholars from the African continent who contribute original and important research to African studies.
- Scholarships will cover full tuition as well as a monthly maintenance stipend throughout the one year MSc and subsequent three years of PhD study
- Applicant should posses excellent undergraduate degree (minimum of 2.1) in the Social Sciences from an accredited university in Africa (master’s degree with distinction will be a plus)
- Applicant should not have previously received a degree from a university outside Africa
- Applicant should be a citizen of, and be normally domiciled in, an African country
- Applicant should demonstrate commitment to studying for a PhD in African Studies
- Applicant should demonstrate leadership potential and intention to maximise the impact of research
- Applicant should have received an offer to study for MSc in Africa and International Development and/or PhD in African Studies at the University of Edinburgh
- Preference will be given to those studying Conflict Resolution, Elections, Technology, Peace Building and/or Governance in African
To apply and for more information, Click here.
Photo source: Paul Kagame