Deadline: 12 March, 2021
African World Heritage Fund (AWHF), with support from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has opened applications for Professional Immersion Fellowship.
The fellowship aims to support an African professional to implement short term projects focusing on improving the state of conservation and sustainability of World Heritage properties in Africa.
- Fellowship will cover direct costs related to the project activities
- Grant of up to $10,000
- Applicant should be a citizen of an African country
- Projects activities are restricted to African World Heritage sites as declared by UNESCO
- Project proposals must address challenges affecting the State of Conservation of selected World Heritage property
- Projects addressing conservation and sustainability issues raised in the State of Conservation reports and the decisions made by the World Heritage Committee are a plus
- Project can address sustainability (presentation, entrepreneurship, tourism) at a World Heritage property
- Applicant must be approved by the head/director of institution/organisation
- Applicant should provide a cover letter from the institution designated as responsible for World Heritage sites endorsing the project
- Site managers, youths, heritage professionals in academia and practitioners involved in the management and protection of World Heritage sites are encouraged to apply
- Projects must be implemented within three months before 30 October, 2021
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: AWHF