Deadline: 05 March, 2021
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer, Markets.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Contribute towards the development of market access support initiatives for smallholder farmers in a multi-stakeholder setting
- Lead in designing and refining scalable, sustainable farmer organisation capacity strengthening approaches and strategies suitable for PHHS, logistics and market pathways
- Support the identification and targeting of farmer organisations and farmer-friendly aggregators through vetting, and due diligence process
- Specifically, assess and analyse the profiles of target farmer organisations and their farm business management practice
- Based on farmer data analysis, identify opportunities to build pro-smallholder staple value chains through partnerships with other key value chain stakeholders
- University degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Economics or a field relevant to agricultural value chain management
- Advanced degree in relevant field will be a plus
- Six years, minimum, of experience in agribusiness, either in private sector enterprises or in non-profit value chain-related projects, with a strong exposure to the private sector
- Ability to communicate clearly (orally and in writing)
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Swahili
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WFP