Deadline: 18 January, 2021
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Activate has announced a call for participation in its Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded and Led Programme.
This programme is designed to support women founded or women-led startups in Africa to build technology-enabled businesses that can solve problems.
- Access to AWS Africa Startup Connect sessions
- Access to account managers and solution architects
- Access to AWS startup support programmes like mentoring and AWS Activate
- Support for qualifying innovative machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Qualifying introduction to relevant accelerators and investors
- Access to relevant AWS events and training
- Networking with other women startup founders and leaders from Africa
- Selection for AWS startup story reference opportunities
- Startups must be founded, co-founded by women or have a woman in a senior leadership position
- Startup should be based in or have their primary business and team in Africa
- Startups should be technology core or enabled outfits
- Startup should be less than ten years old
- Startups should have secured or have the intention to raise pre-seed, seed or series-A investment
- Participants should be willing to commit up to three hours every five weeks for sessions
- Participants should be available to connect with mentors based on scheduled opportunities
- Participants should be willing to learn from and share their own experience with peers
- Participants should be willing to complete a five-slide story deck about the founder and startup (template will be provided to all participants)
To participate and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UN Women