Deadline: 15 February, 2021
The Royal Society has announced a call for nominations for the Royal Society Rising Star Africa Prize.
The Royal Society Africa Prize is designed to recognise research scientists based in Africa who are making innovative contributions to the sciences.
The Royal Society is a fellowship of many of the world’s most eminent scientists and is the oldest scientific academy in continuous existence.
- Winners will receive a grant of £14,000 to support research and a personal gift of £1,000
- Nominees cannot be members of the Royal Society Council, Premier Awards Committee, or selection committees overseeing the medal in question
- Research must be based in Africa
- Nominees should be researchers at an early stage of their research career (eight years post PhD) with the potential to build a research project to follow on from the prize
- Nominees cannot be employed by the organisation funding the medal
- Self-nominations are not accepted
- Winners of Royal Society subject-specific medals remain eligible for future subject-specific awards and Premier Awards
- Winners of Royal Society Premier Awards remain eligible for another Premier Award, excluding winning multiple royal medals
To nominate and for more information, click here.
Photo source: The Royal Society