Deadline: 14 March, 2021
UN Women has announced a call for entries to the global Comic and Cartoon Competition.
The contest is designed to mark the 25th anniversary of the groundbreaking Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, which set out how to remove the systemic barriers that hold women back from equal participation in all areas of life.
The Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action is a visionary agenda for the empowerment of women and girls, everywhere.
- First prize winner will get €1,200
- Second prize winner will receive €750
- Third prize winner will get €500
- Winners will have their work featured on several platforms, such as the website of Cartooning for Peace, other official partners and their respective social media channels
- Entrant should be between the ages of 18 and 28
- Entrant should believe in gender equality and women’s rights for an equal future
- Entrant should express vision of a gender-equal generation in a drawing, and unleash the power of creativity
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UN Women