Deadline: 29 January, 2021
European Union (EU), in partnership with the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), has announced a call for participation in the Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition.
The objective of the competition is to stimulate the awareness of Nigerians on issues of gender-based violence, ensuring that the voices of young people are heard and taken into consideration when shaping and implementing programmes and policies in Nigeria.
- Winner will receive a video editing desktop computer
- First runner-up will receive a video editing laptop
- Second runner-up will get DSLR camera
- The seven best runners-up will receive a grant of N500,000 each
- The best ten videos will be shown at all gender-based events, with credits to the video owners
- The competition is open to all Nigerians (individuals or groups) based on their understanding of SGBV and how to mitigate its prevalence in society
- Videos must be three minutes or under
- Videos must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English)
- All videos submitted must be in MP4 file format with the preferred 1920×1080 resolution
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Front Page Africa