Deadline: 27 January, 2021
Location: Karen, Kenya
World Vision International is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Development Unit Manager.
The mission of the organisation includes working with the poor and people who are oppressed as it promotes human transformation.
- Strengthen external engagement for improved child well-being outcome
- Improve business efficiency and effectiveness
- Improve system for donor engagement and resource acquisition and management
- Develop and implement appropriate people capabilities system
- Degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Development Management, or a relevant social sciences field
- Five years, minimum, of experience in programme design, monitoring and evaluation in a complex humanitarian context in a diversity of context and locations within Africa or outside of the continent
- Previous management experience of multi-cultural teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience in writing proposals, project documentation, reporting, programme information for donors and the World Vision/partnership
- Familiarity with institutional grant compliance and procedures
- Capacity to provide solid leadership and decision-making skills for efficient and effective programme implementation
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organisations and NGOs to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry, including sphere standards, HAP, NGO code of conduct and humanitarian charter
- Experience in staff security and safety management for humanitarian organisations in complex and insecure environments
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Vision