Deadline: 29 January, 2021
Location: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision International (WVI) is seeking to fill the role of Logistics Officers.
The mission of the organisation includes working with the poor and people who are oppressed as it promotes human transformation.
- Ensure timely servicing and well-maintained fleet, coordinating with project managers to ensure the limited fleet is equally shared among all projects
- Carry out weekly inspection of fleet by coordinating training for ridders and drivers, tracking of vehicle for safety of fleet, passengers and property of World Vision, management of vehicle log books and mileages, and overseeing the rental/hire of vehicles
- Provide monthly fuel and fleet usage report for both internal and external decision making
- Liaise with procurement to ensure framework agreements for fuel, garage companies requesting/approval of fuel requests for fleet and generators, processing or follow up on fuel cards reload/payments for fuel
- Track vehicle speed and manage third party insurance stickers and ensure timely replacing of the expired stickers for fleet
- Coordinate the assessment of fleet for disposal and administer the disposal process with support from the procurement and administration within the response and from the national office
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and Logistics and Procurement Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management is a plus
- Two years, minimum, of proven and practical experience as logistics officer with a reputable NGO
- Experience in developing/implementing complex logistics to support different types of programmes, and coordinating resources to meet diverse programme needs and objectives
- Proven track record in managing and supervising others in logistics and supply chain, including training and capacity building
- Online procurement skills (provision knowledge is great asset for all fleet online booking for vehicle service and repairs plus delivery receipt online)
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of supply chain, e.g., fleet mechanics, I.T./communications networks, warehousing and assets management
- Honesty and willingness to work for extra-long hours when required
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Vision International