Deadline: 29 January, 2021
Location: Yumbe, Uganda
World Vision International (WVI) is seeking to fill the role of Livelihood Officer, General Food Assistance.
The mission of the organisation includes working with the poor and people who are oppressed as it promotes human transformation.
- Provide expertise and technical assistance in agronomy and agribusiness, climate smart agriculture, marketing, IGA, DRR and environment management
- Take lead in resilience and livelihood planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of progress
- Mobilise and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other forums
- Identify local level partners and support/facilitate the partners in the implementation of planned activities
- Take overall lead in the coordination of field-level activities
- Ensure small holder farmers groups are mobilised, organised and strengthened into strong business groups/cooperatives for bulk purchase of inputs, value addition, bulking and collective marketing of produce
- Develop farmers’ capacity to improve production and productivity of selected enterprises of desired quality by the market through demonstrations
- Establish and follow up demonstrations to facilitate production and productivity among the farmers
- Degree in Agriculture , Agribusiness, Forestry, or a similar field
- Two years, minimum, of experience in community work and engagement in agricultural, environment, economic development and livelihood
- Experience of the local context of West Nile is a plus
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effectiveness in written and verbal English
- Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) is a plus
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Vision International