Deadline: 04 February, 2021
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) is seeking to fill the role of Administration and Finance Analyst.
UNOCHA coordinates the global emergency response to save lives and protect people in humanitarian crises.
- Liaise with the UNDP country office to ensure the provision of all OCHA-related administrative support services are implemented/delivered in an efficient and timely manner
- Closely follow up on all issues related to staff travel (domestic and international) and office/staff compliance with the security procedures
- Manage the office transport flees and ensure all vehicles are all MOSS compliant, in road worthy condition, and properly maintained
- Plan and organise office events, including retreats and meetings, ensuring all participants are informed in advance and the necessary logistics in place
- Supervise work and manage the performance of the administrative support staff
- Manage OCHA assets, ensuring full compliance with IPSAS in the accounting for procurement, utilisation and disposal of OCHA Nigeria assets
- Ensure office assets/inventory records are maintained and updated regularly
- Ensure proper documentation for inventory handover/return to custodians and update the records in Umoja/internal database accordingly
- Ensure day-to-day support and coordination for all procurement arrangements with local service providers
- Ensure common service agreements (cleaning, security, health facilities, vehicle maintenance, etc.) are properly implemented
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree) in Business Administration, Accounting, or a similarly field
- Professional qualification in finance/accounting/administration and knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations is a plus
- Two years of relevant professional experience in business/public administration, finance, human resources
- Good knowledge of administration/operations
- Experience working with the UN or other international organisations (desirable)
- Experience in using UN ERP system (Umoja) in the area of travel and procurement (highly desirable)
- Good computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office Internet)
- Fluency in English and Hausa
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Andreas Komodromos