Deadline: 15 February, 2021
University of Georgia, in partnership with the U.S. government, has announced a call for applications for the African Civic Engagement Academy (ACEA) 2021.
The ACEA is a free online training programme and networking opportunity offered to selected mid-career NGO and public sector leaders across sub-Saharan Africa.
Selected participants will receive online instruction and participate in peer discussions organised into three short courses.
- Participants will be able to make new connections and exchange views with peers from across sub-Saharan Africa while they develop their civic engagement action plan
- At the conclusion of the academy, up to 60 participants will be selected for an in-person African Civic Engagement Summit in 2022
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion from the University of Georgia which may be displayed as a digital badge
- Participants should be between the ages of 30 and 45
- Participant should be in a leadership role with a civil society organisation (including NGOs and non-profit community organisations) or a government unit responsible for engaging with the public
- Have a demonstrated record of leading civic engagement efforts, including projects and programmes to advocate, engage, and communicate in an inclusive way
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILRI