Deadline: 01 February, 2021
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
UN Women is seeking to fill the role of National Economist.
UN Women is the UN agency dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
- Act as focal point for the ‘Engendering fiscal stimulus packages and recovery efforts adopted in response to the Covid-19 health and economic Crises’ project in Nigeria
- Collaborate with the regional feminist economist and other national focal points and contribute to the development of a workplan to operationalise the project
- Lead the implementation of workplan activities in Nigeria
- Monitor project progress in Nigeria, according to the workplan, and draft Nigeria-focused inputs to regional monitoring and donor reports
- Design, under the oversight of the regional feminist economist, strategies to integrate gender in Nigeria national fiscal stimulus package and recovery policies
- Provide continuous technical assistance and support to government counterparts in Nigeria in implementing strategies including, conducting gender analysis of fiscal stimulus packages, organising events to discuss and disseminate results and recommendations, etc
- Foster partnership and continuous liaison with women-owned businesses in Nigeria and facilitate dialogue and consultations among women-owned businesses and government counterparts
- Provide technical assistance and support to government counterparts in the process of piloting, implementing and adapting existing gender responsive budgeting initiatives to integrate gender priorities in post-Covid-19 recovery strategies
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Development Economics, Feminist Economics, or a relevant field
- Five years, minimum, of experience and record of accomplishment promoting economic policy reform in the area of development economics, gender and economics, poverty reduction, social protection or women’s economic empowerment policies in Nigeria
- Experience with economic policy analysis and mastery of quantitative and qualitative analysis and methods
- Experience working in other countries in West and Central Africa is a plus
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset
- Fluency in English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UN Women