Deadline: 14 April, 2021
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) has opened applications for the TWAS Research Grants Programme in Basic Sciences 2021.
The programme, according to TWAS, was created to respond to the needs of researchers in developing countries, particularly those attached to institutions that lack appropriate research facilities.
Under this scheme, grants can be awarded for research projects in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics either to individual young researchers, or to research units in the science-and-technology-lagging countries.
- Research grant to individual scientists is up to $15,000
- Individual applicants must be nationals of developing countries
- Applicant must hold PhD and in a position at a university or research institution in a science-and-technology-lagging country
- Applicant must be under 45 years of age
- Applicant must at the time of application not have an active research grant with TWAS or OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) fellowship
- Applications from women scientists and those working in least developed countries are especially encouraged
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Paul Kagame