Deadline: 15 January, 2021
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Save the Children International (SCI) is seeking to fill the role of Research Assistant (Volunteer).
The organisation works to ensure children around the world get health care, food and shelter as well as learning and child protection services.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in all areas of duty
- Adheres to research ethics and principles of confidentiality
- Hold self and others accountable
- Understand the rights of privacy and anonymity
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Social Work, International Development, Sociology, Anthropology, History, or a related field
- Master’s degree (or master’s degree in view) or higher is a plus
- Research experience in field data collection, telephone-based interviews an asset
- Experience in survey and qualitative interviewing
- Fluency in English, and Kanuri, Hausa, or Shuwa
- Experience in transcribing interviews
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong track record in ethical data collection and management
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Open, professional, and non-judgmental attitude towards participants of study
- Experience and/or knowledge of humanitarian programming
- Experience in handling gender equality and/or child rights/sexual violence/sexual and gender-based violence issues
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Save the Children