Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Save the Children is seeking to fill the position of Communications Assistant.
The organisation works to ensure children around the world get health care, food and shelter as well as learning and child protection services.
- Collect case studies that show the impact and success of work and projects
- Produce high quality photo and video assets and package them for various audiences
- Support implementation of social media strategy and content calendar across digital platforms including updating the country website
- Support communications needs for the humanitarian response as required
- Support media engagement through press releases, pitching stories to the media, facilitating media visits and monitoring media stories
- Update databases and media lists
- Track media exposure and ensure weekly reporting of social media engagement
- Facilitate effective internal communications
- Maintain calendars and appointments
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field
- Two years, minimum, of experience in communications in a humanitarian or NGO context
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong writing, photography and editing skills
- Knowledge of children’s rights, key international agreements, and conventions
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Fredrik Walløe