Deadline: 21 January, 2021
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Plan International is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Assistant Accountant.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- Monitor budget versus expenditure for grant
- Review the Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) budgets for the grant and budget modifications and submit the same to accountant for incorporation into country budgets
- Review grants and project financial reports in SAP for accurate donor expenditure reporting, reconciling and ensuring timeous resolution of queries in liaison with other relevant functions
- Perform cash management function, maintaining bank and cash balances to levels sufficient to meet programme requirements and cash threshold
- Perform bank reconciliations, general ledger reconciliations and cash requests from donors, ensuring financial resources are utilised and invested efficiently
- Review cash disbursements for accuracy and completeness
- Review procurement requests and commitments of goods and services in accordance with Plan International procurement procedures and donor requirements
- Ensure compliance to donor requirements on financial issues for the grant
- Review grant proposal budgets to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Coordinate and facilitate the audit of the grant as per contractual agreement
- Carry out regular field visits to all funded projects to verify resources are optimally used
- Assist PAs in conducting financial training programmes for partners, particularly CBO involved in implementation of grants
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification
- Five credits in O-level subjects, including Mathematics and English
- Two years of experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Knowledge of local language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, database, Internet
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Plan International