Deadline: 19 January, 2021
Location: Assosa, Ethiopia
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is seeking to fill the role of Programme Manager.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
- Represent NRC in sectorial coordination, clusters and/or working group in the Benishangul Gumuz Region
- Manage project cycle in area including grants startup, review and closure meetings
- Lead multi-sector assessments, ensuring projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- With the support of the core competency coordinators, lead the proposal development process for new funding opportunities with close coordination of the CC specialists and grant unit
- Support the CC coordinators in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects in the area
- Work closely with area manager and support coordinators (finance, logistics and HR)
- Support team to ensure the delivery of project materials and contractual agreement are done in a timely manner
- Ensure capacity building of all technical staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Economics, Agricultural Livelihoods, or a related field
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or a related field is an advantage
- Four years, minimum, of experience from a management position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Expertise in one or more of NRC core competencies is a plus
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Basic computer and different reporting system skills
- Knowledge on Agresso system
- Nationality of Ethiopia
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Norwegian Refugee Council