Deadline: 19 February, 2021
The Global Women’s Institute (GWI) has announced a call for applications for Building GBV Evidence in Refugee and Humanitarian Settings Grant.
GWI, which focuses on violence against women and girls, conducts specialised inquiries, gather critical evidence, and work with leaders to take action and effect change.
According to the organisation, research is not an end in itself but is the foundation of well-informed actions that produce positive change.
- Organisation applying alone will receive between $30,000 and $100,000
- Organisation applying in partnership with another organisation (at least one organisation must be local) will receive between $30,000 and $200,000
- Three organisations or more (must include at least two local organisations) will receive between $30,000 and $300,000
- International or national non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- Civil society/women’s organisations
- Academics based in the global south
- Consortiums or partnerships are welcome to apply (including academics/operational agency partnerships and international/local organisation partnerships)
- Refugee context in Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Kenya, or South Sudan
- Global or multi-country efforts can also be proposed but must include refugee populations
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: GWI