Deadline: 02 February, 2021
Global Communities is seeking to fill the role of Chief of Party (COP), USAID Nutrition and Early Childhood Development.
Global Communities’ mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the world.
- Lead efforts to collaborate and coordinate with other USAID/Rwanda projects, other donor and NGO-sponsored activities
- Handle overall management of the programme, including staff and partner oversight, monitoring and evaluation and programme implementation
- Meet programme targets, as well as fiscal integrity of the use of programme funds
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of systems for project operations
- Act as primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders
- Responsible for effective written reports and oral presentations on the programme
- Represent Global Communities and overall programme interests as necessary and appropriate
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers and partners
- Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Nutrition, Early Childhood Development, Business Administration, Governance, or a related field
- Ten years of professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities and duties in fields related to the successful implementation of multi-sectoral projects, including nutrition, early childhood development, maternal and child health, and disability inclusion
- Experience as a past COP or in a leadership position involving the administration of similarly sized, international donor supported programmes with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting
- Experience with organisational capacity development, and strengthening systems
- Management and leadership skills, and good governance of the public sector, civil society organisations, NGOs, or multi-sector bodies to achieve sustainable outcomes, especially in developing countries
- Ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams (desirable)
- Nationality of Rwanda
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Global Communities