Deadline: 02 February, 2021
Location: Shinyanga, Tanzania
The Family Health International (FHI 360) is seeking to fill the role of Regional Senior Technical Officer.
FHI 360 delivers sustainable, high-quality, comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support services.
- Oversee the implementation of comprehensive strategies for reaching key and
vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and generating demand for services, including peer navigation, strategic behavior change communication and other effective strategies for reaching vulnerable groups
- Work closely with CSO partners to develop capacity to conduct outreach to KVP, strengthen demand generation and service provision for these groups, and build capacity to improve their ability to identify and engage KVP through the application of EpiC tools and strategies
- Monitor CSO performance against workplans and targets, providing on-site and remote technical assistance
- Liaise with service providers to monitor community-based HTS and other services
- Liaise with regional GoT counterparts, service providers, implementing partners and stakeholders to ensure activities are well-coordinated with other national and regional programmes
- Contribute to technical briefs, reports, guidelines and other materials
- Clinical degree with three years, minimum, of relevant experience or master’s degree with five years, minimum, of relevant experience, or bachelor’s degree with seven years, minimum, of relevant experience in provision of community-based biomedical and demand generation services to KVP and AGYW
- Knowledge of health and development programmes in Tanzania including familiarity with relevant national guidelines, standards and protocols
- Familiarity with Tanzania public health sector at regional, district and council level and experience working with these teams
- Experience in implementing HIV/AIDS programmes at community level in Tanzania
- Experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programmes
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and AGYW
- Experience in technical capacity building of Tanzanian CSOs especially those working with KVP and AGYW
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Well-developed computer skills
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: FHI 360