Deadline: 19 March, 2021
British Ecological Society (BES) has launched applications for Ecologists in Africa Grants 2021.
Ecologists in Africa face unique challenges in carrying out research, according to BES.
This grant is, therefore, designed to support ecologists in Africa to develop their skills, experience and knowledger base as they carry out innovative ecological research.
- Up to £8,000 for research
- Up to £2,000 may be requested to fund travel to develop connections with other ecologists
- Be a scientist and a citizen of a country in Africa or its associated islands that is a low-income economy or lower-middle-income economy, according to the World Bank categorisation
- Have at least an MSc or equivalent degree
- Be working for a university or research institution in Africa (including field centres, NGOs, museums etc.) that provides basic research facilities
- Carry out the research in a country in Africa or its associated islands
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: British Ecological Society