Deadline: 31 January, 2021
The African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC) has opened applications for its Cohort Four programme.
The programme is designed for African women entrepreneurs seeking to expand their knowledge, increase their skills, broaden their network, and make lifelong connections.
- Form connections with a diverse network of African women entrepreneurs
- Establish a relationship with a senior business mentor
- Strengthen strategy, leadership and business management skills
- Gain skills in finance, marketing, and strategy needed to grow and scale enterprise
- Develop a toolkit of soft skills, including self-confidence, resilience, collaboration, and cross-cultural communications
- Open to only women
- Applicants should be citizens of any African country, currently living in the continent or in the diaspora
- Applicants should be proficient in verbal and written English
- Applicant should be able to regularly (at least weekly) access the Internet through a computer or tablet
- Applicants should be comfortable with remote teamwork and collaboration, especially using digital tools
- Open to founders of businesses that have been running for two years, minimum, in any industry and have at least two employees (either full time or part time) or women who have a strong business concept and plan to launch their business within the next year
- Founders of social enterprises are encouraged to apply
- Founders of NGOs or nonprofit organisations are no longer eligible for the 12-month programme
- AWEC admissions do not discriminate based on race, religion, age, disability, marital status, education, business revenue, or geographic location
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: AWEC