Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking to fill the position of Youth Employment and Livelihoods Advisor.
IRC is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development non-governmental organisation.
- Undertake detailed data collection and analysis with regard to youth livelihoods and employment aspect of the project in Gambella, Dolo Ado and Jigjiga
- Based on assessment, provide direction to the project staff members and monitor staff in their implementation of project workplans and quality of technical activities including programme budget oversight
- Develop strategy for youth livelihood programme in line with the portfolio strategy using market system development approach
- Ensure appropriate methodologies and technical approaches are developed for all programme activities
- Work closely with the coordinators/specialists/officers to ensure alignment of SHARPE livelihoods programming with the strategic plan and relevant theories of change
- Support the development of standard operating procedures and mentorship notes for programme activities
- Ensure regular monitoring and modification of ongoing programming
- Master’s degree in International Development, Economics, Business Administration, Law, and/or related certification with five years of experience, or bachelor’s degree with eight years of experience in humanitarian response, with specific experience in livelihoods and enterprise development
- Proven private sector experience or experience supporting business and business skill development
- Experience working in emergency settings or insecure environments preferred
- Strong programme/technical team leadership skills, as well as planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- INGO experience
- Proficiency in English and Amharic
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: IRC