Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking to fill the position of Fleet Manager.
IRC is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development non-governmental organisation.
- Support the development of travel policy procedures and programmes and ensure compliance in all aspects of travel procedures
- Handle travel requisition process, including oversight of all travel arrangements and operations
- Manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors
- Participate in travel service provider sourcing and negotiating contracts or rates with travel service providers
- Provide advice on travel documents, insurance, import/export regulations, etc
- Drive continuous improvement of travel programme
- Manage travel contracts to ensure compliance with contract service level agreements (SLA)
- Work with the supply chain coordinator to analyse operational/programme needs for transport and plan appropriate fleet size
- Prepare an annual fleet plan (including budget needed) and a vehicle disposal/replacement plan
- Prepare and manage fleet movement plans including vehicle scheduling and requisition process
- Ensure the implementation of IRC fleet management standards
- Manage HF and VHF radios to ensure they are in a serviceable condition
- Ensure customs clearance procedures are effectively coordinated and concluded
- College degree in Transport, Logistics Operations Management or a relevant field
- Four years of relevant experience with the first degree or three years of relevant experience plus postgraduate degree
- Experience in fleet or transport management or logistics in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge and effective use of fundamental management concepts, practices, and procedures relative to quality and productivity improvements, training, budgeting and cost control
- Holder of a valid driver’s licence
- NGO experience is a plus
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Dave McGowan