Deadline: 30 November, 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has announced a call for proposals for the Being LGBTI in the Caribbean (BLIC) Small Grants Programme.
BLIC is a regional programme that aims to enhance knowledge, partnerships, and capacities of LGBTI communities, civil society, and states to reduce human rights violations and negative attitudes towards LGBTI people in the Caribbean.
The programme has a country-level focus in Barbados, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, and St Lucia, as well as regional activities.
To achieve its goals, it is crucial that the project responds to the experiences and needs of the LGBTI community in the Caribbean.
The programme is a collaboration between governments, civil society, regional institutions, and other stakeholders to advance the social inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex people.
The programme is supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
- A total of US $130,000 is available for funding proposals between US $5,000 and US $15,000
- Open to CSOs/NGOs/CBOs from Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, and St. Lucia
- Mandate and founding document should be in line with the activities for which the fund is being sought
- Established experience in similar/related activities
- Proven experience in working on LGBTI issues
- CSO/NGO/CBO must be registered
To submit and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Billie Grace Ward