Deadline: 03 December, 2020
Location: Bamako, Mali
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Advisor (Security Research Analyst).
UNOPS is a UN organisation dedicated to helping people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
- Track developing threats and related risks in the duty station and region
- Generate reports that review the impact of security factors and risk on UN and partner’s personnel premises, assets, programme design and delivery
- Provide recommendations regarding effective risk prevention and mitigation measures, including recommendations on methods for security assessments
- Identify various levels of risk and conduct a risk analysis
- Advise UN Global Pulse as regards data analysis methods applicable in security assessments
- Test the usability of UN Global Pulse developed tools to conduct substantive security assessments
- Ensure adequate collation and verification of security information into assessments
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of security situation needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practices
- Oversee the deliverables of a team of field analysts and support the production of project outputs
- Liaise and coordinate with UN Global Pulse’s partners for project implementation
- Oversee and prepare accurate and timely reporting, collate information and prepare project reports
- Provide inputs to conceptualise, implement, monitor and evaluate innovation projects to support SDG 16
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) combined with five years, minimum, of relevant experience
- First degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) combined with seven years, minimum, of relevant experience
- UN, military or police senior command and staff college qualification with command experience at a senior level with 13 years, minimum, of relevant experience
- Secondary diploma with 13 years, minimum, of relevant experience
- Experience in conducting security assessments as integral part of operational planning and the enabling of operations
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Maciek Lulko