Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Palladium is seeking to fill the role of Digital Economy Specialist.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation that works with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
- Build, support and close deals that develop digital solutions within the Ethiopian economy
- Conduct outreach with incubators, accelerators, and angel investor networks to identify opportunities to serve small, growing businesses
- Launch a digital investment opportunity assessment to identify opportunities for growth and job creation in ICT, across infrastructure, digital payment systems, telemedicine, e-commerce, online learning, and other sectors to be catalysed through the upcoming partial privatisation of telecom and liberalisation of the telecom sector
- Lead efforts to strengthen a sustainable consultative ICT council, such as an existing ICT trade association
- Utilise the digital ecosystem country assessment (DECA) framework to identify the priority policy and regulatory issues constraining digital development
- Engage key stakeholders to identify potential areas of policy intervention in the digital space, including strategic regulations, governance models and specific services and applications that contribute to increase productivity of the economy
- Strengthen the digital ecosystem to catalyse market engagement across the economy, particularly in finance
- Enhance rural access, both to the digital economy and through the digital economy, to sectors including agriculture, services, and light manufacturing
- Strengthen women’s economic empowerment through enhanced digital access
- Catalyse innovative digital financial tools and digital solutions across the economy, such as accessing weather information for farmers, real-time pricing information for local and regional markets, etc
- Enhance information flow across the market systems
- Eight years, minimum, of professional experience in developing and supporting digital innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, International Development, Finance and Investment, Business Management, or Enterprise Development
- Experience in supporting similar digital economy innovation and expansion activities in Ethiopia
- Evidence of strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfil the diverse technical requirements of the contract
- Proven knowledge of Ethiopian finance, private enterprise, investment, trade, and digital economy issues
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally in English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNCTAD