Deadline: 01 December, 2020
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
International Labour Organisation (ILO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Project Officer, Social Protection.
The mission of ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
- Ensure operational coordination of project implementation and monitor conditions set out in the project document, budget and grant agreement
- Lead the implementation of project activities in Nigeria with criteria of timeliness, quality and effectiveness, ensuring the achievement of planned results in the time frame and within budget in accordance with global project requirements and the policies, values and procedures of ILO
- Update project workplans on a continuous basis and ensure timely implementation
- Coordinate and provide technical follow-up assistance for the activities to be implemented in Nigeria
- Include the creation of concept notes and Terms of Reference for the activities not yet planned
- Provide technical support and coordinate the operationalisation of an actuarial valuation study of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) in cooperation with NHIS, consultants and in close collaboration with relevant ILO technical specialists
- Provide technical support to the creation of a social protection bill for Nigeria aligned to regional and international standards and good practices, as well as a fiscal space assessment and national financing strategy for social protection
- Liaise closely with implementing partners, including the UNICEF (lead agency), WFP, UNDP and government and state (Sokoto) counterparts to ensure timely implementation of activities and sustainability
- University degree in Social Health Policy, Public Policy, International Development, or any other related field
- Two years, minimum, of professional work experience in project management, programme or policy development and implementation, preferably with a particular focus on social protection, including social insurance
- Experience in strategic support with the implementation of social protection policies or programmes is an additional asset
- Experience in working with other ILO projects or partners (highly desirable)
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships and negotiate with government officials, representative(s) of civil society, representatives of workers, organisations and other relevant stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate the achievement of objectives and results in a timely and results-oriented manner
- Knowledge of the regulations and procedures of the ILO and/or other UN entities would be an asset
- Excellent command of English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: OER Africa