Deadline: 14 December, 2020
Location: Damaturu, Yobe, Nigeria
Cooperazione internazionale (COOPI) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager, Food Security/Livelihood.
COOPI started its operations in northeast Nigeria in July 2014, carrying out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- Under the direct supervision of the head of mission and in link with the programme manager, provide overall managerial oversight to livelihood project and support livelihood project implementation team
- Ensure cross departmental coordination with WFP food security and livelihood component
- Work with donor and programme team to maintain and update livelihoods implementation plan
- In cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plan and monitor the livelihood activities’ progress in compliance with the donor regulations
- In collaboration with the program manager and head of base, prepare all the formal communication and contract modification requests
- Monitor the accuracy and efficiency of activities
- In collaboration with the administrative and the logistics team, plan and monitor the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs
- Ensure compliance with the fund and timely fulfilment of project’s reporting requirements
- In cooperation with the programme manager, finalise the data provided by team and support the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners
- Liaise with logistics/procurement team to ensure the purchase of goods for the project, support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines
- Master’s degree in Humanitarian/Development Studies, Social Sciences or a related field
- Three years, minimum, of work experience in/with INGO on livelihoods/FSL area of intervention
- Experience in managing enterprise and livelihood development activities is a plus
- Proven interest and commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Excellence in written and spoken English
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct and understanding of other international development guidelines
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: COOPI