Deadline: 30 November, 2020
Location: Mpumalanga, South Africa
AQUITY Innovations is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Enrolled Nursing Assistant.
AQUITY Innovations is a South Africa-based not-for-profit organisation established in 2010. The organisation’s mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology.
- In collaboration with the enrolled nurse and data capturer, ensure proper tracing and linkage of TB patients
- Provide information and education to the TB patients and their household/family on the essential need to complete treatment irrespective of clinical symptoms
- Do home visits and community outreach to optimise treatment adherence amongst TB patients
- Trace TB patients who had interrupted treatment or had missed scheduled follow-up appointments for monitoring sputum status
- Perform other related duties as required for effective implementation of the GF project
- Mobilise and recruit community members to access X-ray mobile service screening
- Conduct household visits and provide psychosocial support
- Grade ten to 12 (grade 12 is a plus)
- Certificate in Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary registered with SANC
- Knowledge of TB and HIV screening and testing services
- One year, minimum, of work experience within a similar environment or any clinical setting
- Experience in working with outreach teams and providing health education
- A good understanding of referral systems and pathways as well as linkage and retention in care strategies
- Community TB screening experience is a plus
- Computer literacy is essential
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Bank