Deadline: 01 February, 2021
The African Peacebuilding Network (APN) of the Social Science Research Council (SSRC) has opened applications for the Individual Research Fellowships (IRF).
The IRF programme, according to APN, is a vehicle for enhancing the quality and visibility of independent African peacebuilding research both regionally and globally.
Fellowship recipients produce research-based knowledge that is relevant to, and has a significant impact on, peacebuilding scholarship, policy, and practice on the continent.
- Up to $15,000 each will be awarded
- All applicants must be African citizens currently residing in an African country
- Open to African academics and policy analysts
- Applicants who are academics must hold a faculty or research position at an African university or research organisation, and have a PhD obtained not earlier than January 2011
- Applicants who are policy analysts or practitioners must be based in Africa at a regional or sub-regional institution, a government agency, media, or civil society organisation, and have at least a master’s degree obtained before January 2016, with at least five years of proven research and work experience in peacebuilding-related activities on the continent
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: US Embassy Botswana