Deadline: 02 December, 2020
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is seeking to fill the position of Radio Operator.
Action Against Hunger, which began operations in Nigeria in 2010, addresses malnutrition concerns in the northern part of Africa’s most populous nation.
- Focal point for VHF and HF communication between the base and teams on field missions according to needs and SOPs
- Monitor the AAH frequencies and clear them from non-authorised users
- Keep the radio logbook (location, date and hour of important messages or events) as indicated on SOPs
- Transmit or relay messages between teams or AAH Nigeria bases when signal is low
- Ensure all security advisories from the field coordinator are immediately relayed to the staff and immediately report sensitive/security related matters to the supervisor or field coordinator
- Organise scanning, photocopying and saving of all SCM documents, financial documents and programme documents
- Assist base admin arrange for accommodation bookings for visiting staff
- Assist the logistics Officer in maintaining inventory of assets within office and accommodation rooms
- Assist in extracting and inputting data and files from various sources in administrative, human resource, procurement, logistics and AAH systems
- National diploma in Engineering, Physical Sciences or a related field
- Two years, minimum, of relevant professional experience in radio operations and general office administration
- Good knowledge and work experience with HF and VHF radios
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Action Against Hunger