Deadline: 09 November, 2020
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Universal Birth Registration Consultant.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
- Develop, in consultation with key partners, an AU strategy document for achieving universal birth registration in Africa by 2030 within the framework of the ‘NoName’ Campaign launched by the AU and UNICEF
- Provide details/reference to AWP areas covered
- Conduct a desk research for a mapping of key actors working on birth registration in Africa
- Assess existing strategies on birth registration
- Document best practices related to acceleration of the registration of newborn in five AU member states taking into account regional representation
- Conduct stakeholders’ consultation (virtual or face-to-face)
- Draft the strategy document
- Facilitate the review and validation process of the draft strategy document
- Participate and present the draft strategy at meetings organised by AUC and UNICEF
- Master’s degree in Law, International Humanitarian Law, Development Studies, or other related disciplines
- Eight years, minimum, of relevant professional experience in handling children’s issues at national, regional or international level
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the birth registration and legal identity agenda in Africa
- Experience in research work, including drafting policy and programme strategy documents (highly desirable)
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNICEF Ethiopia