Deadline: 10 November, 2020
Location: Dakar, Senegal
United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager (Youth Empowerment).
UNCDF makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs).
- Provide the overall direction, implementation and management of the youth portfolio in The Gambia, Guinea, Ghana, Niger, and Senegal and ensure programmes at the country level are efficiently-managed, monitored and evaluated with top talent and expertise meeting or exceeding all targets
- Provide technical leadership in building a strong knowledge-sharing network around digital innovations for youth within the Inclusive Digital Economies (IDE) practice area
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships, capitalise on business opportunities and mobilise resources to increase access to digital solutions of youth at country and regional levels
- Provide corporate support to the IDE and UNCDF management
- Provide the overall direction, implementation and management of the youth portfolio
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Public Administration, or related fields
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of experience would also meet this requirement
- Seven years, minimum, of experience in inclusive finance or technology field
- Experience in managerial roles in Africa or Asia is considered a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of youth development, digital solutions, digital economies and digital financial services
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and incorporating lessons learnt into inclusive finance projects and digital economies programmes
- Experience in successfully managing large projects and corresponding budgets
- Experience with financial management within the UN system, including use of ATLAS
- Experience with fundraising, donor reporting, and a working knowledge of international donor organisations (highly desirable)
- Experience with project and impact monitoring and evaluation systems, knowledge of DCED standard (highly desirable)
- Fluency in both English and French languages
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNESCO Africa