Locations: Kano, Kaduna, Dutse, Lagos and Damaturu, Nigeria
Palladium Group is seeking to fill the position of Covid-19 Coordinator tied to the Lafiya programme.
The seven-year Lafiya programme is a UK Department of International Development (DFID) project designed to improve the health outcomes for the poorest and most vulnerable people in Nigeria.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation that works with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
- Provide programme technical and related budgeting and financial management oversight
- Ensure accountability of the implementation of all the activities and results under each of the strategic support areas of Lafiya’s Covid-19 support in Lagos
- In close consultation with the health commissioner, the state Covid-19 Emergency Operations Centre, other partners supporting the response, identify and advise on the best ways to tailor Lafiya Covid-19 support in the state for maximum impact
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of the identified and agreed interventions and ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant
- Specifically monitor the progress and quality of the Lafiya Covid-19 support and generally the overall state Covid-19 response in order to identify how to strengthen the response
- Ensure the team and activities delivered through Lafiya support in the state demonstrate good value for money
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective and professional management of Lafiya’s Covid-19 support
- Lead, guide, mentor and manage the performance of technical and administrative direct reports and ensure appropriate leadership
- Participate as required in Lafiya management meetings
- Ensure consistent implementation of company standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines, security protocols
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Epidemiology, Policy and Governance, or a related field
- Verifiable experience in designing, implementing, and managing or evaluating complex health programmes
- Professional experience in lead management, implementing emergency response programmes
- Solid background and knowledge of Nigerian health system
- Proven technical experience in health system strengthening, health sector policy and strategies, working with the private sector, advocacy and accountability
- Experience in coordination and collaboration of stakeholders including government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of local languages preferred
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: International Labour Organisation