Deadline: 27 October, 2020
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Manager.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
- Manage senior project staff and support functions (and field office coordinators) in the area
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
- Provide area specific input on CC strategies, country strategy, and plan of action
- Organise grants opening and closure meetings at area level
- Implement projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies
- Coordinate NRC programme activities with authorities, United Nations agencies, and other national and international agencies/organisations in the area
- Coordinate all area level programme and operational activities
- Conduct regular field missions to monitor project implementation
- Lead the area grants management with the coordination and technical support of the GC.
- Identify, initiate, and follow up on advocacy issues at the area level in close coordination with the advocacy manager and country director
- Five years, minimum, of experience in a senior management level position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experienced in working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in handling shelter, WASH, or food security will be a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria or West Africa (Lake Chad crisis)