Deadline: 30 October, 2020
Mastercard Foundation has opened applications for Postgraduate Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh.
The scholarship programme is designed for individuals who are looking to study for a one year master’s degree on campus at the University of Edinburgh.
The Scholars Programme at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
Students will receive comprehensive support to remove barriers to study in Edinburgh and will benefit from extracurricular opportunities including retreats and internships. The Scholars Program aims to build the abilities and talents of each student so they can make a difference to their home countries and communities on their return.
- Students will receive comprehensive support, mentoring, and reflective opportunities
- Students will have access to work-based placement opportunities and a small work-based placement fund
- Students will participate in two scholars’ retreats
- Students will receive support on return to their home countries
- Applicants must have graduated no later than September 2020
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their communities
- Applicant should present economic circumstances showing lack of financial means to pursue higher education in home country or elsewhere
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree programmes of their choice
- Applicant should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship
To apply and more information, click here.
Photo source: Amref Health Africa