Deadline: 14 November, 2020
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The International Labour Organisation (ILO) is seeking to fill the role of Finance and Administrative Assistant.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
- Maintain project financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for daily transactions and reports
- Process contracts for financial clearance and payment
- Ensure the correctness and appropriateness of types of contracts used with each activity, and ensure all necessary supporting documents are attached
- Prepare correspondence on own initiative to verify data, address and answer queries and follow-up as necessary with project and ILO staff, consultants and counterparts
- Draw the attention of the joint project manager to matters requiring immediate attention
- Review and request additional information on the financial reports of project implementing partners, ensuring compliance with ILO rules before submitting to the finance unit
- Classify and assign budget codes, verify and process claims for payment, and check payment vouchers, prices and invoices
- Make travel arrangements, hotel reservations and make travel authorisation forms for technical experts and Partners
- Provide administrative and financial backstopping and guidance for project staff and consultants, with respect to payments, entitlements, travel claims, and other requirements relating to accounts and finance
- Consult with finance unit and project team on rules, regulations and procedures, and inform project staff, partners, consultants, interns of new or revised procedures and practices
- Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by technical courses in Accounting and/or Finance and Administration
- Five years of experience working in development and socio-economic environment is an asset
- Experience in UN and knowledge of ILO administrative and financial rules and regulations
- Knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and understanding of a complex body of financial and administrative rules, guidelines and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Arabic
- Knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the creation and maintenance of filing systems
- Ability to maintain financial records and prepare clerical accounting reports and statements
To apply and for information, click here.
Photo source: International Labour Organisation