Deadline: 04 November, 2020
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Specialist.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Act as focal point for all project operational matters, organise and handle day-to-day operational activities of the SIFAZ programme at country level and take action, in consultation with the supervisors, on problems which arise during the execution period
- Ensure the timely provision of project inputs (personnel, technical support services, sub-contracts, training, equipment and supplies) directly by the organisation or, when appropriate, through contractors, and by liaising with other support units at national, regional and headquarters
- Participate in the preparation of project work-plans, monitor progress and, where necessary, identify corrective measures to overcome operational constraints
- Review and monitor project budget and prepare requests and revisions as required
- Review project transaction listings with a view to identifying errors in accounting against budget lines
- Ensure the complete and quality of data and documentation in the FAO corporate systems (GRMS, FPMIS, etc.) for the SIFAZ programme
- Participate in the reviews and monitor project budget, expenditure reports and facilitate processing of operational requests (financial, procurement, administrative) from operational partners under the programme
- Participate in the preparation of periodic financial and narrative reports and brief for internal use and for submission to resource partners
- Contribute to formulation of project proposals, according to FAO’s procedures, and prepare project documents for technical clearance and final approval
- University degree in Public or Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Social Sciences or other fields related to the FAO mandate
- Five years, minimum, of experience in project management/operations and support
- Experience in supporting, advising and guiding the implementation of complex, multi-stakeholder projects
- Experience in programme/project formulation, analysis, planning and implementation
- Experience in formulation, implementation and monitoring of projects
- Ability to develop plans for the implementation and coordination of project operations in developing countries, in partnership with UN agencies, NGOs and other concerned actors
- Understanding of FAO policies and programmes is considered a strong asset
- Familiarity with UN administrative, operational and financial procedures is an asset
- Knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other official languages of the organisation (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: CIAT